Monday, January 28, 2013

Empty arms

I have been e-mailing back and forth with another mom who just lost her sweet little baby girl. Our conversation reminded me of something so sweet that David did for me, that I never want to forget.

It was probably about six days after Daniel was born. I woke up that night and couldn't go back to sleep. I missed Daniel so badly, and my arms were aching to hold him. There was a very real physical need to hold my baby, but it couldn't be met. I must have explained that somehow to Dave.

Dave got up and found Daniel's hospital blankets. He rolled them up to feel like a swaddled baby and he brought them to me. It was just what I needed. I was still very sad, but hugging his blankets did give me comfort that night. I'm thankful that Dave knew just what to do. Nothing could have helped me more that night.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Dave was so sensitive to you and that he was able to bring you that comfort. I love you both.

    ReplyDelete